Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Caffenator

norsegays: astrolope: People being angry about ~dem gays~ on...









norsegays:

astrolope:

People being angry about ~dem gays~ on Target's Facebook.

I just want to give my two cents on this and tell you a story.

A couple weeks ago, I was hired at Target. I have a job at Target. Not a big deal right?

It is a big deal because i'm a transman

It doesn't take a genius to conclude that it's hard for me, my brothers, and sisters to get a job. There are legal restraints regarding the job and if you don't pass, it's hard to be taken seriously at a job interview.

Right on the application, it asks what your preferred name is. It also asks if there is anything that target should know. I put the fact that I am a transman, expecting not to get a call because usually when you put that down, people will throw out the application. I got TWO interviews.

At the interview, they asked me about it. I told them I am on hormones and they told me that they didn't care. Not in the sense that they don't emotionally care, but that it didn't matter. I was male and that's all that mattered. They also told me that they give sex same couples benefits in states that do not recognize them as a married couple.

At my job orientation, I was not misgendered once. Even my supervisors who weren't sure of my gender avoided pronoun use, which I found only happens when you've had pronoun training. They gave me a name tag with my preferred name and didn't ask questions. I felt safe and respected, which is huge for a trans* person.

TLDR: Target is amazing not just for the LGB, but also the T. Shop there for the rest of your life.

Photo



elbas-world: doctordonnanoble10: So doing this! COME ON GUYS...



elbas-world:

doctordonnanoble10:

So doing this!

COME ON GUYS GET READY ITS COMING

gamermatty936: suchagoldensnitch: wherethefalloutlies: paperba...



gamermatty936:

suchagoldensnitch:

wherethefalloutlies:

paperbackmountain:

michaeldimotta:

An illustration I did for Instinct Magazine on unfair Adoption cases.

This should have thousands of notes. 

^Seriously though.

84,908 and counting.

I reblog this every time it comes up on my dash. Such a powerful message.

hot4hairy: Rep. Brian Sims, Pennsylvania House of...













hot4hairy:

Rep. Brian Sims, Pennsylvania House of Representatives



H O T 4 H A I R Y
Tumblr | Tumblr Ask | Twitter
Email | Archive | Follow
HAIR HAIR EVERYWHERE!

My hero

gamermatty936: the cat looks so ashamed to have gone along...



gamermatty936:

the cat looks so ashamed to have gone along with this

Guy: high five

Cat: …

Cat:…

Cat: *sighs* fiiiine

lactoria: pagan-posts: wasabikun: bellasparse: My body is...



lactoria:

pagan-posts:

wasabikun:

bellasparse:

My body is not shameful

Just because you're uncomfortable doesn't mean you have to make me feel bad that I'm not

I normally wouldn't reblog real boobs, but this is a good message.

Love this and will always reblog

A man bares his chest and it's totally ok, sexy or not.  A woman bares hers and SHAME ON YOU YOU ATTENTION SEEKING SLUT.

halorvic: Christmas-ish doodling.



halorvic:

Christmas-ish doodling.

Photo



Photo



life-inthe-fast-lane: omg



life-inthe-fast-lane:

omg

Photo



Photo



Note Card Wisdom

thefrogman:

Photo



Taken with Instagram at Above Rooftop Bar



Taken with Instagram at Above Rooftop Bar

This is Venus, a 3 year old chimera cat. Chimera cat is one...



This is Venus, a 3 year old chimera cat.

Chimera cat is one individual organism, but genetically its own fraternal twin. A chimera is typically formed from four parent cells (either two fertilized eggs, or two early embryos that have fused together). When the organism forms, the cells that had already begun to develop in the separate embryos keep their original phenotypes and appearances. This means that the resulting animal is a mixture of tissues and can look like this gorgeous (but bizarre) kitty.

Taken with Instagram



Taken with Instagram

nprfreshair: See you Monday, internet!



nprfreshair:

See you Monday, internet!

furryhotties: I love it!



furryhotties:

I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment